Link SpinLessPlates to your online accounting software Xero.
To link to Xero please follow these steps (or watch the video below).
- Click on the Settings button in the navigation bar.
- Select on the Integration tab.
- Click the Download Certificate button and note where you save the Xero certificate.
- Go to api.xero.com and log in using you normal Xero email and password.
- Select the My Applications tab in Xero and click Add Application button.
- Select Private in Type Of Application.
- Enter SpinLessPlates in the Application Name.
- Select your Xero account from the drop down list.
- Click Choose File button, select the Xero certificate your downloaded and click Save.
- Copy (CTRL+C) the Consumer Key.
- Go to SpinLessPlates and paste (CTRL+V) into the XERO api key field.
- Copy (CTRL+C) the Consumer Secret.
- Go to SpinLessPlates and paste (CTRL+V) into the XERO api secret field.
- Click the Activate button in SpinLessPlates and you will see Connected appear.
- You can now post invoices and purchase invoices seamlessly from SpinLessPlates to Xero.
NOTE: Xero does not allow us to automatically update the nominal accounting codes so you have to manually ensure that these codes match where applicable.