How The 80 20 Rule Can Highlight The Time You Waste And Profit Your Lose In Your Business.

8020 reporting is vital to your micro business

I’m sure you’ve heard of Pareto’s Law or the 80 20 rule. But are you aware of its significance for your micro business? Let me explain… Pareto’s Law states that (roughly) 20% of a given factor is vital whilst the remaining 80% is less important. And in terms of your business, this has serious implications…

Continue Reading →

How To Reduce The Number Of Hours You Work And Still Get Tons Of Stuff Done

Reduce your hours

I used to measure my productivity success by counting up the number of hours I worked. Boy was I busy. I’d regularly clock up 60 hours plus with the side effect that my stress levels went through the roof and I’d frequently fall through the door, shattered only to find my little angels fast asleep.…

Continue Reading →

How To Attract Higher Paying Customers So You Can Work Less And Earn More

Attract higher paying customers

Do you know which of your clients generate the greatest amount of profit? If you don’t, it’s really important you get clear because metrics like these can help focus your work and efforts in the right direction. That’s because if you want to work less and earn more you have to give some consideration to…

Continue Reading →

Why It’s Time To Get Your Business Head In The Cloud

Isabella looking into the cloud

Why did you start your small business? Many SpinLessPlates users tell me they started because they wanted to work flexibly around their family commitments and spend more time with their partner and children. That was certainly the case with me. In fact, the main reason I designed and built SpinLessPlates is because I wanted to…

Continue Reading →

How To Persuade Your Friends And Family To Value Your Work Time As Much As You Do

Jemima and Isabella get the Christmas spirit

Merry Christmas With the festive time of year now in full swing a lot of business owners will be persuaded into a break. I’ve noticed that taking quality down time can be tricky for the dedicated small business owner. After all, if you’ve invested your heart and soul into your business, it can be very…

Continue Reading →

How To Say No Without Feeling Guilty

just say no

Do you have too much on your plate? Do you feel as though you’re drowning in your ever increasing to do list of important jobs? Are there jobs on there which you reluctantly agreed to do because you didn’t know how to say NO? If so, read on because in this post I’m going to…

Continue Reading →

Why That 12-Hour Working Day Doesn’t Make You A Hero, It Makes You Look Stupid

Working 12 Hours A Day Makes You Stupid

I need to get something off my chest! Something that really annoys me! It’s when people measure success using the wrong metrics. And the one that really gets my goat is that tendency to congratulate and be in awe of the person who regularly clocks up 12-hour days. I’ve been there and in hindsight consistently…

Continue Reading →

Why Making Yourself Dispensable Is The Only Chance You Have Of Growing Your Micro Business

Office vacancy sign

A lot of micro business owners make the mistake of believing they are indispensable. In fact, they do everything they can to make themselves indispensable by: If you hold any of these beliefs – you’re making a clanger Let me tell you why… Just recently I wrote a post that encouraged you to figure out…

Continue Reading →

How To Tweet For 10 Minutes And Give The Impression You’re On It All Day

twitter in 10 minute chunks

I love Twitter. It’s a fantastic social media platform to build relationships, spread your word and grow your small business. However, if you’re not careful, Twitter can turn into a time hungry work avoidance strategy and reduce your productivity. So if you’re finding Twitter has become an addictive time drain that’s distracting your attention away…

Continue Reading →

How A Simple Change In Your Identity Could Skyrocket The Efficiency Of Your Small Business

Skyrocket The Efficiency Of Your Small Business

Can I ask you probably the most enlightening question you'll be asked today about your business? What is your primary role in your business? Is it: A.   Doing your day-to-day business work? B.   Being a marketer of your business? If you answered B, great stuff. But if you said A, read on to discover why you’re making…

Continue Reading →

Page 2 of 3