#12 of 27 Awesome Growth Hacks
Step By Step Cheat Sheets That’ll Increase Your Businesses Bottom Line.
The Power OF PPC & Paid Traffic
Pay Per Click (or PPC, for short) is one of the most powerful and cost effective marketing tools available.
Millions of pounds are spent every day on the internet.
These people, these potential customers, will most likely be using a search engine – either Google or Bing.
When people complete any search, they’ll be presented with a familiar results page with organic results below high ranking PPC results.
Using SEO and SMM it is possible to rank on page 1 of Google over time.
Using PPC it is possible to rank on page 1 of Google in less than an hour.
What’s really smart is that you don’t pay Google a penny unless someone clicks through to your site.
There are 5 great things about PPC:
- It’s instant
- It’s targeted
- It’s cost effective (as long as you know your numbers)
- It’s measurable
- It’s great for niche and local markets
1 bad thing about PPC - you can spend a lot of money on it and get poor results if you don’t learn how to use it or monitor it.
- Set up your account targeting correctly
- Research what your competition is doing
- Use keywords your customers would search for
- Set the Keyword match types correctly
- Add negative keywords you don’t want your adverts to show for
- Limit your spend during your test period
- Monitor and adjust to give you optimum CTR and conversion
Finally make sure that you have analytics (my choice is Google Analytics) set up with goal conversion or ecommerce tracking so you can see what keywords and adverts are resulting in actual return on investment rather than just clicks and spend.